Thursday, March 31, 2005

Beginnings

It's always scary to create something new. A new painting, a new story, a new garden... But that is part of the process of creating and that fear can even be a catalyst for what you create.

The blank canvas is so pure and undefiled that it can intimidate you into walking away. But the moment you make that first stroke with the brush, the work begins and the fear dissipates into excitment. You've begun and there is no turning back.

So, this is my first stroke. This blog has begun and I can only move forward. At this point I'm not sure what road it will take me down, but I do know for sure that it will have to do with art. I can't help that. I'm an artist and I'm in love with art and creative expression.

This will be an adventure and I'm looking forward to finding out where it will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment