Thursday, July 07, 2005

Inspiration

Camping in the mountains July 4th weekend was a creative inspiration for me. Usually I just do some sketching and journaling. But when we got home, I got out the oil paints.

I had put all that away when I went back to school a few years ago. It’s hard enough to do major art projects when I work full time, but trying to work and go to school makes it impossible. So the easel and paints got put away along with several unfinished paintings.

Well summer is here and I’m motivated. So, when we got home, I pulled out my easel. I also pulled out several of the unfinished paintings and picked three that seemed ready to be worked on. Starting on the smallest one I worked my way up to the one that needed the most work. I’m so excited I can hardly stand it.

So here is my favorite. It’s the view of Howe Sound from my niece’s deck in Lions Bay, British Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment