Sunday, January 08, 2006

Crocheted Slipper Pattern

I've been hunting the internet for a crocheted slippers pattern. A free one. I had a particular style in mind, but couldn't find one. I found a few others and tried a couple without success. Both turned out too small. Maybe my gauge was off.

Anyway, I finally made up my own and am quite pleased. So I'm sharing the pattern. I don't mind people using, since I didn't exactly invent the style. However, please respect my copyright and only use this pattern for personal use.

I wear a women's size 9 (U.S.) and my husband wear's a men's size 10 1/2 (U.S.). The pattern is written in my size and his size is in parentheses. I used a size N (9 mm) hook and the yarn I used is Red Heart's Super Saver. I tend to have a firm gauge, not tight or loopy.

1. ch 2.
2. 6 (7) sc in second ch from hook, slst to join row, ch 1.
3. 2 sc in every sc around, slst to join row, ch 1. You should have 12 (14) sc.
4. 1 sc in the first st, 2 sc in next st. (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around. slst to join row, ch 1. You should have 18 (21) sc.
5. sc in each stitch around, slst to join row, ch 1. Continue 12 (14) more rows.
6. sc around, but don't join. ch 1 and turn.
7. Continue for 13 (15) more rows.
8. sc 9 (10) in stitches. Line up other half and slip stitch back to top edge to form heel. ch 1.
9. sc around top edge, one sc per row adding one sc in space where you began to turn. slst to join row, ch 1. You should have 27 (33) sc.
10. sc around top edge but decrease at point where you began to turn by yoing through sc 14, 15, and 16 (16, 17, and 18). When you reach the end of the row, tie off.

No comments:

Post a Comment