Thursday, October 26, 2006

Check out my Aunt Margaret

I got a letter from my Aunt Margaret last weekend. She included a clipping from her local newspaper featuring none other than herself.

She volunteers at her local hospital and the mayor decided to give her an award for her years of faithfulness. She's 93 and still going strong. No Country Club membership for her, she wants to continue helping people right up until her days are over. Considering that her aunt lived to be over 100 that could be for quite awhile yet.

My grandmother, her sister, was the same way. Her last days were spent in the final battle against cancer and even though her body lost, her spirit and soul did not. As long as she was mentally able, she continued to care for the people around her. Not just her family, but also her minister, her doctors, and friends. That is a legacy which is priceless.

Aunt Margaret, my hat's off to you. I hope my neices and nephews will feel the same way about me as I do about you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:23 PM

    At the rate you're going Kris, I'm sure your nephews and neices will. I know your brother-in-law already thinks the world of you.

    ReplyDelete