Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

School is done and my widget tells me that it's only 5 days until Christmas. Since we're in the middle of a blizzard, I spent the day getting a few things on my "To Do Before Christmas" list done and now the house is starting to look much more festive.

Every year, we go up to the mountains to cut a tree in the National Forest. Yes, we're legal. The Forestry Service sells tree permits every year for designated areas and has rules about what trees qualify. It's a wonderful way to get out, get some exercise, have a lot of fun, and help the Forestry Service keep our forests healthy. My whole family goes up together and recently we've even added a few friends to our traditional tree hunt.

Here is my husband tucking this year's tree into the back of our truck. It was a wintery, overcast day, and not as crowded since those who didn't have 4-wheel drive vehicles stayed home. As we left we joined a long line of vehicles topped with trees.

Today, I finally got the chance to decorate it.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the cutest christmas trees i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete