Monday, January 21, 2008

Computer Predjudice

Creativity is about thinking outside the box, problem solving for more than just the obvious, and thinking about how what you generate will impact the people it comes in contact with. There's a certain amount of creativity involved in producing a product for a target audience.

However, as normal human beings we naturally fall into regular habits and assumptions. One that drives me nuts has to do with computers and doing the minimum.

When I get directions on how to fix something and only find PC instructions I'm thankful that, like most Mac users, I'm smarter than the average bear. We Mac users have to be since we are rarely considered important enough to care about. In fact, when we started producing computer training discs where I work, I have exerted a lot of pressure to make sure that the instructions include BOTH PC and Mac.

I just got the free GRE prep disc in the mail and I can't run it because it's Windows only. Are they saying that since I only have access to Macs that I'm not important enough or worthy enough to receive a free disc like the PC users get?

Well, the GRE guys seem to only do the minimum. Fortunately I'm smarter than the average bear and I'll just have to figure out how to find other ways of getting my GRE practice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment