Friday, June 20, 2008

One more way to reduce plastic consumption

It occurred to me the other day, as I was getting in the shower, that I unintentionally figured out how to reduce my plastic consumption several years ago.

I hate cleaning the bathroom, especially the shower. The shower curtain was always a major point of frustration because I could never get it clean without a lot of labor and harsh chemicals. I would end up just throwing away the plastic shower curtain and buying another.

Then we went on vacation and, as I was getting in the shower, I realized that the curtain was cotton instead of plastic. I took my shower and then checked things out. The curtain was saturated, but there was no water on the floor. Huh!

So I went out and bought a 100% cotton shower curtain. It gets saturated with water, but none goes on the floor. When it needs cleaning, I throw it in the washing machine then hang it up wet. I haven't bought a plastic shower curtain in 7 years!

Here's where you can get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment