Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Home again...or not. Back from Uganda

It's been 12 days since I was in Uganda and now I think that I'm finally "back." It takes a while for the body to readjust to the time change, food, culture... When people ask, I tell them that it's been like readjusting to a foreign country. I'm not joking. It really is.

When we landed at Entebbe on July 13th, we made our way through customs, got things loaded up into the bus and van, and Joseph drove us north to Kampala, through the city and to our hotel. I just sat there and took it all in. The sites, the smells, the colors, the people.

Being the self analyzing type, I checked up on myself about half way. What was I thinking and feeling? After running my self-diagnostic I realized that I felt normal. Really normal. It was the first time I'd felt normal in a very long time. I was home.

When we finally arrived at our hotel, the jolt of it kind of made me mad. I wasn't done absorbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment