Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lessons Learned

I'm continually learning about myself. The funny thing is, the things I learn have been "hitting me over the head" for a long time before I finally learn. I guess that's just how it is.

Most recently learned: I process through writing.

I'm not called to be a writer, but I write a lot. It helps me think through things and figure them out. It helps me discover things and then to put them where I need them to be in my mental archive. It separates the good from the bad, the good ideas from the kitch, and even just validates my existence some times.

The learning I'm working on: I need to declutter my life continually.

I grew up in a slower paced world than the one I live in. Stuff keeps getting shoved at me or I keep picking up stuff and adding it to my life. Much of it is good stuff, but too much good stuff turns into bad stuff. And sometimes something that was good for awhile isn't good anymore. It's had its time and needs to end. So I keep tugging away at the stuff and trying to get it tweaked down to size. I think this learning is going to take an entire lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment