Tuesday, October 04, 2011

September Past

I think I'm always going to look back on September 2011 with mixed feelings.

• It started out slow, too slow, at work. It was so slow and I was so bored, I just wanted to put my head on my desk and take a nap. That would have looked bad, so I took them with my head on my chin facing my computer. That way I looked less suspicious...I hope.

• Work picked up about half way through the month. No, it didn't pick up. It went from 0 to 100 in an afternoon. It became so insane I didn't even have time to think back blissfully on my naps of the first half of the month.

• At the beginning of the month and the end of the month we got to celebrate family birthdays with family get togethers. I come from a very functional family and we love to hang out together. I'm sure it can be a strain on those who married us, but they manage. My aunt had hers at the beginning of the month. My brother's birthday is technically at the beginning of October, but as he was going to be away we celebrated at the same time as our niece who turned 6. A lot of fun and food was to be had by all.

• In the middle of the month, my almost 16 year old cat Calvin passed away while Honey and I were out of town for a break. Thankfully, my dear sister-in-law was there with him. But I miss him a lot. He was the sort of cat that proves the cat haters wrong. Devoted is definitely an accurate description. The house is so quiet without him.


• At the end of September Honey was laid off of work. I don't even know what to say about that yet except that we'll get through it and I know God has something awesome waiting for him on the other side.

• I got a bill from Ravelry, for Unyunga pattern sales in September at the beginning of October. That's a good thing since it means I sold more than $20 in patterns during the month. Could business be picking back up for the winter? I certainly hope so.

So pardon me if I'm not quite sure what to think about September 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment