Monday, December 30, 2013

Reinvention

I'm reinventing myself...again. I realized I just needed to commit myself to "leaving behind" my skills from my last job along with that job description and head down the road that seems to be opening up in front of me.

I put "leaving behind" in parenthesis because I'm not really abandoning it. I'm hanging onto those skills I have learned and applying them to my new world. It won't be my primary source of work but it will be used to support and compliment what I will be doing. Never waste anything, right?

While I've reinvented myself several times, it was always a matter of survival. Always trying to find a better paying job that I could do for awhile before getting burned out or bored. Okay, that sounds terrible, but for some of us it's true. It's just how I'm made and nothing to be ashamed of.

So, I'm in the middle of figuring out where I'm going next and what seems to be opening up before me has to do with art, yarn, artists, crochet, publishing, collaboration in all those areas...we'll see what happens.

I realize I'm being kind of mysterious about what I'm going to be doing, but that's because I'm still figuring it out. However, it kind of feels like I'm an egg getting ready to hatch. I don't know what the gestation period is, so don't hold your breath. Just know that a hard year of Renewal transitions into a new year of Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment